If you’re tired of sinking in Adelaide’s sweltering heat, we’ve got just the ticket!
We dove into the coolest indoor pools in town, from the Adelaide Aquatic Center with its Olympic-sized splendor and the SA Aquatic & Leisure Center boasting slides that’ll make your heart race.
This article has all the info on where to beat the heat and take a dip!
Adelaide Aquatic Center
Address: Jeffcott Rd, North Adelaide, SA 5006
Contact Details: (08) 8203 7665
- Mon to Fri – 6 am to 9 pm
- Sat to Sun – 7 am to 6 pm
The Adelaide Aquatic Center is one of the most famous spots in Adelaide for indoor swimming, with facilities and features catering to different interests and age groups.
Since its opening in 1969, it remains well-maintained and updated.
At the heart of the center lies the 50-meter Olympic-sized main swimming pool split into two 25-meter sections with depths ranging from 1.1 meters to 2 meters.
Seasoned swimmers, aspiring athletes, and the general public typically use this facility, as it’s ideal for lap swimming.
Recreational swimmers usually choose the dive pool. 1.1 meters to 2 meters deep, this pool has several diving boards ranging from 1 meter to 10 meters high.
The leisure pool is the go-to swimming zone for families with kids. It’s our team’s favorite because it has exciting and colorful waterslides and a maximum depth of 0.9 meters, guaranteeing the safety of our little ones.
• Join the center’s Swim School to level up your swimming skills! The instructors are friendly and competent, and the lessons educate beginners (even babies) and experts alike.
Aqua aerobics classes are also available for those seeking a more relaxed aquatic experience.
• Hourly access to each pool changes from time to time. Check the center’s website for the latest updates.
• The center offers a fully equipped gymnasium for fitness enthusiasts.
• Learn about the center’s conditions for entry for your safety and the well-being of other visitors and swimmers.
• Visitors can indulge in well-deserved relaxation in the center’s stress-relieving sauna and spa facilities.
• The center has a convenient cafe for those in need of refreshments.
• The Adelaide Aquatic Center frequently hosts swimming competitions and events if you’re looking for a challenge.
• The fastest and most convenient way to reach the center is by taking Jeffcott Rd via the Park Lands’ Terraces. The nearest bus stops are Stop 7 Jeffcott Rd – West Side and East Side.
Norwood Swim School (Swim Plus)
Address: 273 The Parade, Beulah Park, SA 5067
Contact Details: (08) 8203 7665
- Mon to Thu – 7:15 am to 8:15 pm
- Fri -7:15 am to 7:15 pm
- Sat – 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
- Sun – 8:15 am to 12:30 pm
Got kids looking to learn how to swim? Norwood Swim School tailors its services mainly to children, providing kid-friendly instructors and programs tested for over 50 years.
The center’s cutting-edge 1×25-meter pool is heated daily to 31.5°C (88.7°F).
• Norwood Swim School also provides lessons to adults. Instructors tailor the lessons to beginners and expert swimmers.
Additionally, adult students may join the aquaerobics program.
• You can choose private lessons if you prefer or require one-on-one training.
• If you want to participate in competitive swimming, join Norwood Swim School’s squad programs!
The school’s squad events are ideal for testing your development, competitive spirit, and overall skill.
• You can also apply for a free swimming assessment.
The swimming assessment is critical for new students. Norwood Swim School’s instructors will determine the program best for you based on the test’s results.
SA Aquatic & Leisure Center
Address: 443 Morphett Rd, Oaklands Park, SA 5046
Contact Details: (08) 8203 7665
- Mon to Fri – 4:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Sat – 5 am to 7 pm
- Sun – 4:30 am to 6:30 pm
The SA Aquatic and Leisure Center offers excellent swimming facilities and swimming lessons.
Recreational and professional lap swimmers can utilize the center’s 50-meter Matt Cowdrey Competition Pool with 20 lanes. Just be mindful that the pool’s maximum depth reaches 3 meters.
The lap swimming sessions at this pool start exactly at the beginning of each hour and last for 45 minutes.
You can also book the water polo pool if this aquatic sport is your thing.
The water polo pool is 55 meters long, meeting FINA standards. It includes a movable boom and has a depth that ranges from 3 meters to 5 meters.
A section of this swimming spot doubles as the center’s dive pool.
The dive pool has air cushions and an underwater window. It’s also 25 meters long and has 10 wide lanes that are 3 to 5 meters deep.
Six-year-old kids who are competent swimmers may also swim in the 3-meter deep WIBIT. This facility has a massive inflatable obstacle course consisting of various modules designed for jumping, sliding, balancing, and climbing.
• The SA Aquatic and Leisure Center hosts birthday parties for kids. These parties occur in shallow pools equipped with a WIBIT Inflatable Obstacle Course.
• The center offers exercise physiology. We highly recommend this exercise-based program to prevent, manage, or treat chronic diseases.
• There are rehabilitation lanes within the center. You can’t do lap swimming and aquatic play there, as they’re utilized for therapeutic activities and gentler swimming.
• You can relax in the center’s sauna and spa!
• Availability of pools isn’t guaranteed if you don’t book, so remember to make reservations.
Kent Town Swim
Address: Corner of Capper Street and Parade West, Kent Town, SA 5067
Contact Details: (08) 8334 1285
Kent Town Swim is another high-quality indoor pool ideal for kids.
Their safe 32-degree, .6-meter pool is ideal for little ones aged 6 months to 2.5 years old.
If your kiddos are into competitive swimming, you can proceed to Kent Town Swim’s bigger pools, with depths ranging from 1.2 meters to 1.8 meters.
• Consistency is key to improving swimming skills. Encourage your child to attend regular sessions to build their confidence and ability.
Boost your kid’s morale with positive reinforcement too!
• Kent Town Swim’s squad program is perfect for kids with advanced swimming skills.
• Don’t forget to check the schedule of Kent Town Swim’s classes. Visit their website to stay updated.
Thebarton Aquatic Center
Address: 1 Meyer St, Torrensville, SA 5031
Contact Details: (08) 8352 1912
- Mon – 6 am to 7:30 pm
- Tue – 6 am to 8 pm
- Wed to Fri – 6 am to 7:30 pm
- Sat – 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Sun – 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
Thebarton Aquatic Center is a well-established and sought-after indoor pool in Adelaide.
Its main pool can be used for rigorous and recreational lap swimming. It’s 125 meters long and 12.5 meters wide!
Kept at a comfortable 29ºC (84ºF), it also has 7 lanes and varying depths, ranging from 0.92 meters to 3 meters.
The center’s hydrotherapy pool is the way to go for swimmers seeking rehabilitation. The pool’s warm water, often heated between 92°F to 100°F (33°C to 37.8°C), envelops the body in soothing comfort, easing muscle tension and promoting relaxation.
The center also has something for families with young children: a kids’ swimming pool. This has a maximum depth of 0.9 meters, providing beginners with a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience.
Furthermore, Thebarton Aquatic Center offers Aqua Tabata and Deep Water Aqua sessions.
Aqua Tabata is a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) program adapted for the aquatic environment. It involves short bursts of intense exercises followed by brief periods of rest or low-intensity movements.
Deep Water Aqua is a water-based exercise program that combines aerobic movements with the water’s resistance.
• Know Thebarton Aquatic Center’s condition of entry before you visit.
• Join their swim school if you want to improve your skills!
• You have to make a call if you want an evening session.
• Before your visit, check the center’s schedule for any changes in program timings or pool closures for maintenance.
Address: 1 Crockerton Rd, Elizabeth, SA 5112
Contact Details: (08) 8287 8800
- Mon to Fri – 5:30 am to 8 pm
- Sat to Sun – 7 am to 5 pm
The Aquadome offers remarkable facilities for public and private use.
There’s a 50-meter, 8-lane indoor public pool, a 25-meter leisure pool with a welcoming beach entry, a relaxing spa, and an invigorating steam room!
Wheelchair access ramps are also thoughtfully integrated, ensuring everyone can easily access the pools.
Moreover, BlueFit, the primary provider of swimming lessons at Aquadome, is here to help swimmers across all age groups and skill levels.
They have comprehensive swimming instructions and classes for infants, school-aged children, and adolescents.
• Aquadome’s cafe serves strong and rich coffee for you to enjoy after a swim.
• This indoor pool hosts several of Playford’s swimming clubs. Join one to gain access to swimming events like parties and competitions!
• If you’re a parent, take advantage of Aquadome’s Splash Time, a free swimming class for infants.
Paragon Swim Center
Address: 97/99 Smart Rd, Modbury, SA 5092
Contact Details: (08) 8396 6978
- Mon to Fri – 6 am to 8 pm
- Sat to Sun – 7 am to 2 pm
Paragon Swim Center’s colorful and whimsical walls can turn heads with ease.
Their pool for babies and toddlers is full of toys like pool noodles, kickboards, and water hoops. The depth is around 0.6 meters, and they require parents to join the lessons.
Experienced swimmers can proceed to the 1 to 2-meter pool. Kids swimming here should be supervised by their parent or guardian.
• Seniors looking for an invigorating and low-impact workout can take advantage of Paragon Swim Center’s aquaerobics classes.
• The center’s heated pool is open to the public, but you should check its availability for a hassle-free experience.